In this addition to the critically acclaimed Paideia: Commentaries on the New Testament Series, Dr. James Thompson and Dr. Bruce Longnecker, two respected senior New Testament scholars, examine cultural context and theological meaning in Philippians and Philemon. Students, pastors, and lay readers seeking a companion to reading Paul's letters will appreciate the historica, literary, and theological insight offered in this practical commentary.
About the Series
Paideia commentaries explore how New Testament texts form Christian readers by:
- attending to the ancient narrative and rhetorical strategies the text employs
- showing how the text shapes theological convictions and moral habits
- commenting on the final, canonical form of each New Testament book
- focusing on the cultural, literary, and theological settings of the text
- making judicious use of maps, photos, and sidebars in a reader-friendly format
Similar Items you may enjoy!