Museum of the Bible Bible Curriculum Volume 2: Samuel through the Prophets Student Edition
Retail Price: $34.95
Our Price: $34.95
Save: 0.00 (0.00%)
Availability: In Stock
The Museum of the Bible Volume 2: Samuel through the Prophets Student Edition is part of the second level of the Museum of the Bible homeschool curriculum. There are four levels in total, each designed to take high school students one semester to complete; together these four levels take students through the entire Bible. Each level is comprised of one student edition book and one teacher's guide book, which are both sold-separately, plus the AR Student Companion App, which is available to download for free via your phone or tablet app store.
This volume includes 28 chapters that cover the Bible and the Bible's influence in history. Lessons introduce the kings of Israel, Wisdom Literature, writings of the prophets, and significant figures like Job, Esther and Daniel as well as information on biblical transmission and translation, daily life in the Bible, archaeological discoveries such as the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the impact of the Bible in the formation of early American government, law, and culture.
Three types of (color-coded) chapters are included:
- History Chapters focus on the archaeology and broader cultural context behind the biblical narrative
- Narrative Chapters present key concepts, events, and personalities; these often feature Bible stories and broader questions like 'Why are the Psalms so popular?'
- Impact Chapters relate to the effects of the Bible on the foundations of America.
Lessons are incredibly colorful with many photos of artifacts, places, artwork, maps, and other artwork and engaging sidebars integrated throughout.
Most 'Narrative' chapters are divided into phases:
- In Phase 1, 'Read the Story,' students simply read the Bible passage and/or lesson
- In Phase 2, 'Travel through Time,' students examine the background of the stories
- In Phase 3, 'Mine for Clues,' students dig deeper to discover details and patterns that may have been missed on an initial reading
- In Phase 4, 'Use the Telescope,' student look at how one story might impact other stories later on in the Bible, or how it might have impacted people who read it.
As students work their way through the book, they hold their phone or tablet - using the associated app-over the book. Then, on their screens, pop-up images appear as if rising out of the textbook; students can interact with these to watch videos, examine 3D artifacts, watch animations, explore maps, take game-like quizzes, and interact with a variety of other activities.
Written at a 9th grade reading level; designed for grades 9-12. Covers one semester. Scripture taken from multiple translations.
198 pages, softcover. Non-reproducible, non-consumable student text.
Similar Items you may enjoy!