Uncle Tom's Cabin Study Guide on CDROM
Retail Price: $21.99
Our Price: $18.99
Save: 3.00 (13.64%)
Availability: In Stock
Uncle Tom's Cabin is the classic story of a man's faith and suffering in the face of slavery. Short of funds, Tom's master sells him downriver to cruel Simon Legree. Like biblical Joseph, Tom prospers wherever he's put, but he refuses to inflict cruelty on his fellow slaves, leading to his own tragic fate. Stowe reveals the damage to society when its weakest members are oppressed-and how Christians can, and must, make a difference in this world!
This Progeny Press guide includes features about:
- The author
- Vocabulary, critical thinking, and analysis
- Literary Techniques such as context, figures of speech, irony, allusion, metaphors, juxtaposition, point of view, anthropomorphism, imagery, alliteration, and more.
- Concepts such suffering, authority, equality, stress, and fairness.
- Activities that incorporate art, hymns, Latin, and more.
- A living reading list with books by the same author plus other books like Uncle Tom's Cabin.
This CD-ROM version contains PDFs (which work on Mac and Windows). With interactive features, students can enter their answers directly on the computer and save their work (Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields). Conveniently print what you need, when you need it - great for use with multiple students! Answer key file included.
PLEASE NOTE: the novel Uncle Tom's Cabin is required and must be purchased separately.
Setting: Southern United States, Mid-1800s
Genre: American Lit
Similar Items you may enjoy!