Readers in Residence Volume 1: Sleuth
Author: Debra Bell
Retail Price: $80.00
Our Price: $57.49
Save: 22.51 (28.14%)
Availability: In Stock
Apologia's Readers in Residence is here to help children how to read to learn! Students will:
- Learn to recognize elements of literature such as character development, plot, and theme
- Read for understanding and consider literature in light of God's Word
- Use reading strategies such as asking questions, making inferences, and connecting clues
- Identify the connotations and figurative meanings of words and phrases
- Read for deep understanding and consider literature in light of God's Word
Using a total of six books (all sold-separately and not-included): Sarah, Plain and Tall, Charlotte's Web, and Because of Winn-Dixie, plus three of the student's choice, students will answer questions, discuss topics, and complete activities and unit projects that demonstrate comprehension. Checklists are included for each module and a suggested schedule is also provided.
Written directly to students in a conversational style, Volume 1: Sleuth, uses the analogy of expert, active, readers as good detectives who collect clues to solve mysteries like what new words mean and what the book is about-as they pay close attention to every detail.
This curriculum doesn't require heavy teacher prep or supervision. Rubrics provide an easy way to assess projects. Answers are in the sold-separately Readers in Residence Answer Key. Grades 4-5. 561 pages, softcover.
Similar Items you may enjoy!