Is the Bible Good for Women? Finding Clarity and Confidence Through a Jesus-Centered Understanding of
Author: Wendy Alsup
Retail Price: $15.99
Our Price: $11.99
Save: 4.00 (25.02%)
Availability: In Stock
Is it possible to embrace the inherent dignity of womanhood while still cherishing the Bible? Many people, both inside and outside the church, are concerned that an orthodox understanding of the Bible is threatening and even harmful to women. After all, the Bible has a number of passages regarding women that are deeply troubling and hard to read.
In this fascinating look at God's work of redemption from Creation to today, Wendy Alsup explores questions such as:
- How does God view justice and equal rights for women?
- What does it mean to be made in the image of God?
- How have the centuries distorted our interpretation of how God views women?
- How did Jesus approach the Old Testament and how does that help us read difficult passages today?
- What is the difference between a modern view of feminism and the feminism that Scripture models?
- How does the Bible explain the Bible to us?
Using a Jesus-centered understanding to look at both God's grand storyline and specific biblical passages, Alsup gives practical and accessible tools for understanding the noble ways God speaks to and about women in its pages and the dignity He places on His daughters.
Similar Items you may enjoy!