The Atlas of Ancient Rome: Biography and Portraits of the City (Revised)
Author: Edited by Andrea Carandini
Retail Price: $281.25
Our Price: $281.25
Save: 0.00 (0.00%)
Offering a comprehensive archaeological survey of the city of Rome from prehistory to the early medieval period, The Atlas of Ancient Rome features the latest discoveries and scholarship, with new descriptions of more than 500 monuments, including the Sanctuary of Vesta, the domus Augusti, and the Mausoleum of Augustus.
Lavishly illustrated throughout with full-color maps, drawings, photos, and 3D reconstructions, this magnificent two-volume slipcased edition examines the city's topography and political-administrative divisions, trade and economic production, and social landscape and infrastructure—from residential neighborhoods and gardens to walls, roads, aqueducts, and sewers. It describes the fourteen regions of Rome and the urban history of each in unprecedented detail, and includes profiles and reconstructions of major monuments and works of art. This is the only atlas of the ancient city to incorporate the most current archaeological findings and use the latest mapping technologies.
Authoritative and easy to use, The Atlas of Ancient Rome is the definitive illustrated reference book on Rome from its origins to the sixth century AD, featuring:
- Fully updated from the Italian edition to include the latest discoveries and scholarship
- Features a wealth of maps, illustrations, and 3D reconstructions
- Covers Rome's topography, economy, urban infrastructure, and more
- Includes profiles of major monuments and works of art
- Draws on the latest archaeological findings and mapping technologies
- Twenty years in the making by a team of leading experts
Similar Items you may enjoy!