Physics for the Grammar Stage Teacher's Guide and Quizzes - Slightly Imperfect
Author: Paige Hudson
Retail Price: $18.99
Our Price: $10.79
Save: 8.20 (43.18%)
Availability: In Stock
The Physics for the Grammar Stage Teacher Guide includes 36 weeks of lessons plans that include: matter, motion, simple machines, heat, friction, gravity, light, sound, balance, spin, magnets, electricity and energy. Based on a classical science education methodology, this manual is designed to give teachers the tools to help elementary students explore biological topics.
Unit overview pages list a books schedule, weekly sequence of study, poems to memorize, supplies needed for the unit, and vocabulary.
Weekly lesson components include:
- A science demonstration (using easy-to-find materials)
- A science-oriented books section (which provides the reading assignments with page numbers and optional additional books)
- Notebooking instructions (narration, lapbooking, and vocabulary) which often involve the student workbook pages
- Multi-week project and activity instructions
- Memorization of vocabulary & basic facts
- Quiz (in student workbook) with quiz answer key
- Two schedules: one 2-days-per-week and one 5-days-per week
The Physics for the Grammar Stage Student Workbook is sold-separately but necessary, as it contains the pages needed to complete narrations, lab reports, and multi-week projects.
There are recommended books for this curriculum:
- Physics Experiments for Young Children
- Gizmos and Gadgets: Creating science Contraptions that Work (& Know Why)
Encyclopedia:Usborne's Internet-linked Science Encyclopedia
Biographies:Isaac Newton: Giants of Science (secular option) by Kathleen Krull ORIsaac Newton: Inventor, Scientist, and Teacher Sower Series, (Christian option)Who Was Thomas Alva Edison by Margaret Frith
Physics for the Grammar Stage is appropriate for Grades 1-4 / Ages 6-9. 182 pages, softcover. Quiz pages are reproducible for in-family use. Slightly Imperfect.
Similar Items you may enjoy!