The Sacred Bridge: Carta's Atlas of the Biblical World - Slightly Imperfect
Author: Anson F. Rainey and R. Steven Notley
Retail Price: $120.00
Our Price: $71.99
Save: 48.01 (40.01%)
Availability: In Stock
The gold standard of Bible atlases! Documenting over 3,000 years of history, The Sacred Bridge is an up-to-date depiction of Biblical history, geography, and archaeology that incorporates ancient Near Eastern sources into the narrative of the Atlas. With impeccable scholarship, this stunning Bible atlas contains full-color maps, pictures, and diagrams that reflect 10 years of research. Every ancient extra-biblical passage is interpreted firsthand, from its native language. Up-to-date archaeological evidence has been included and explained wherever relevant.
Unique features of The Sacred Bridge: Slightly Imperfect.
• Includes chronological overviews of the ancient Near East
• This is the first Atlas to adopt the modern approach to the study of the Levant as a geographical/historical entity.
• New Testament geography, especially that of the Gospels, is interpreted in light of new understanding resulting from discoveries such as the Dead Sea Scrolls.
• Detailed references to the most recent scholarly works on ancient texts consulted and cited for each period of ancient history.
• Reasoned proposals for the identification and location of ancient sites.
• Ecology, Sociology and Geopolitical economy of Ancient Israel and her neighbors emphasized.
Similar Items you may enjoy!