Introduction to Bibliology
Author: Jefrey D. Breshears
Retail Price: $66.00
Our Price: $59.40
Save: 6.60 (10.00%)
Availability: In Stock
All serious Christians understand the importance of Bible study, but relatively few have a solid foundation in bibliology or an informed and thoughtful philosophy of the Bible. In Introduction to Bibliology, Jefrey Breshears explores issues of vital interest and concern to Christians and non-Christians alike regarding the content and authority of the Bible, including:
- What is the Bible? If asked to define the Bible without using the familiar cliche, 'The Bible is the written Word of God,' how would you respond?
- Does the Bible present a coherent, consistent, comprehensive, and compelling worldview and philosophy of life?
- Is there a qualitative difference between the kind of inspiration that we encounter in Scripture and that which motivates gifted writers, speakers, preachers, composers, and artists to produce their works?
- Why is it reasonable to believe that the Bible was supernaturally inspired?
- What are the origins of the Bible, and how were the early manuscripts composed?
- What were the criteria by which certain books were included or excluded from the Bible?
- What are the basic principles that should guide our interpretation of Scripture?
- How can we be confident that the Bible has been accurately preserved and transmitted through the centuries?
In this substantive yet digestible study, Breshears addresses these and many other issues and concerns that every Christian—and non-Christian—should know about the Bible.
Similar Items you may enjoy!