Modern U.S. and World History Study Guide
Author: Jonathan Crabtree and Rea Berg
Retail Price: $28.95
Our Price: $24.24
Save: 4.71 (16.27%)
Availability: In Stock
Modern U.S. and World History: A Literature Approach for Senior High features 36 chronologically-ordered lessons based upon a wide range of literature (not-included). Full-color pages include notes on each assigned book, recommended supplemental resources, activities, comprehension questions, literary analysis questions, vocabulary to define, and suggested web links.
Covering 1850 to 2000, this Charlotte Mason-based guide will guide high school students through a study of the American Civil War, Reconstruction, the Industrial Revolution, WWI, Communism, WWII, the Korean War, the Cold War, the Vietnam War, the Civil Rights Movement, modern technology, the War on Terror, and more.
Based upon living books, students read literature (sold-separately) from great authors such as Stephen Crane, Jules Verne, Albert Marrin, Harper Lee, and others while following the convenient lesson plans. Chronolog ically-ordered lessons include easily-understood, numbered instructions on what to read and questions based upon the reading. Exercises help readers to learn history alongside an emphasis on critical thinking, analysis, and writing skills. Literary analysis assignments and notes for six of the required books are also included. Students will complete a separate notebook where their written exercises, essays, and reports are kept. This guide is designed as a 36-week course with 7 lessons every 2 weeks.
150 full-color pages, softcover. Non-reproducible, non-consumable resource. All required books sold -separately. Answer key included. Grades 11-12.
List of Literature used in this curriculum (must be obtained separately):
- Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Rifles for Watie by Harold Keith
- The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
- Virginia's General: Robert E. Lee and the Civil War by Albert Marrin
- Up from Slavery by Booker T. Washington
- Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
- A History of the Twentieth Century: The Concise Edition by Martin Gilbert
- The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
- All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
- The Yanks are Coming by Albert Marrin
- Stalin: Russia's Man of Steel by Albert Marrin
- No Promises in the Wind by Irene Hunt
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Hitler by Albert Marrin
- Churchill by Paul Johnson
- The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
- Night by Elie Wiesel
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- Victory in the Pacific by Albert Marrin
- Hiroshima by John Hersey
- Lost Names: Scenes from a Korean Boyhood by Richard E. Kim
- America and Vietnam: The Elephant and the Tiger by Albert Marrin
- Red Scarf Girl: A memoir of the Cultural Revolution by Ji-Li Jiang
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Similar Items you may enjoy!