Zaner-Bloser Handwriting Grade 3: Student, Teacher, and Practice Masters (Homeschool Bundle -- 2016 Edition)
Retail Price: $232.47
Our Price: $59.99
Save: 172.48 (74.19%)
Availability: In Stock
Zaner-Bloser Handwriting is a complete handwriting program that can be taught in as little as 15 minutes a day! The Zaner-Bloser style teaches a cursive alphabet that is made up of four basic strokes: the undercurve, downcurve, overcurve, and slant. This kit includes the student edition, practice masters, and teacher's edition.
The third grade cursive workbook focuses on a review of manuscript writing and the transition to cursive. Colorful and engaging exercises include how to read cursive; tracing and writing individual letters, words, sentences, and numbers; and original writing exercises. Review and application exercises are included throughout. Students will think about shape, size, spacing and slant as the keys to legibility.
Directional features include:
- Letter models with arrows to show stroke sequence
- Green starting dots that show students where initial strokes begin on beginning models
- Stroke descriptions to guide letter formation at home
- Stop-and-check signs to remind students to self-evaluate their letters
- Space to practice writing directly beneath models (that both left-and right-handed students can easily see)
The easy-to-use teacher's edition features three-step lessons that follow a simple instructional plan of model, practice, and evaluate. This guide includes:
- Clearly stated objectives that guide instruction.
- Short, clear stroke descriptions that use academic language and give teachers the exact words to use when modeling.
- Instructions to model using skywriting with large muscle movements that reinforce the motor patterns for forming strokes and letters.
- References to Practice Masters (not included) that allow the teacher to match additional practice to students' needs.
- Multiple opportunities to differentiate instruction including ELL, gross & fine motor development activities, and multisensory activities for kinesthetic, auditory, and visual learners.
The practice masters provide students with additional practice for every letter and skill and offer school-to-home activities/letters to reinforce correct letter formation at home. This set of practice masters also includes manuscript maintenance activities along with additional handwriting support such as reproducibles of the Zaner-Bloser alphabets, award certificates, handwriting basics, and handwriting paper.
This Homeschool Kit includes:
- Student Edition, 160 perforated pages, indexed, softcover. Non-reproducible; consumable workbook. Approximately 9' x 11'. Grade 3.
- Practice Masters
- Teacher Edition
This updated edition includes new authentic writing activities for applying handwriting skills to narrative, informative/explanatory, and opinion or argument writing tasks. In addition, 'Handwriting Tutor' QR codes have been added; students can scan the QR codes with a mobile device to watch animated letter models and and how-to videos.
Please note that this item is only available for purchase by Homeschools located in the USA and Canada.
Similar Items you may enjoy!