Zaner-Bloser Handwriting Grade 4: Student, Teacher, and Practice Masters (Homeschool Bundle -- 2016 Edition)
Retail Price: $232.47
Our Price: $59.99
Save: 172.48 (74.19%)
Availability: In Stock
Zaner-Bloser Handwriting is a complete handwriting program that can be taught in as little as 15 minutes a day! The Zaner-Bloser style teaches a cursive alphabet that is made up of four basic strokes: the undercurve, downcurve, overcurve, and slant. This kit includes the student edition, practice masters, and teacher's edition.
The fourth grade cursive student workbook provides cursive reinforcement. Engaging exercises include tracing and writing letters, joinings, words, sentences, and paragraphs with review and application exercises included throughout. Students will think about shape, size, spacing and slant as the keys to legibility. The last unit is 'using what you have learned' and focuses on real-life applications of cursive handwriting in situations like writing an invitation, writing a friendly letter, taking notes, and more.
Directional features include:
- Letter models with arrows to show stroke sequence
- Stop-and-check signs to remind students to self-evaluate their letters
- Space to practice writing directly beneath models (that both left-and right-handed students can easily see)
- 'Better Letters' tip boxes
- Pencil Illustrated Friend to give hints on what stroke begins letters
The easy-to-use teacher's edition features three-step lessons that follow a simple instructional plan of model, practice, and evaluate. This guide includes:
- Clearly stated objectives that guide instruction.
- Short, clear stroke descriptions that use academic language and give teachers the exact words to use when modeling.
- Instructions to model using skywriting with large muscle movements that reinforce the motor patterns for forming strokes and letters.
- References to Practice Masters (not included) that allow the teacher to match additional practice to students' needs.
- Multiple opportunities to differentiate instruction including ELL, gross & fine motor development activities, and multisensory activities for kinesthetic, auditory, and visual learners.
The practice masters provide students with additional practice for every letter and skill and offer school-to-home activities/letters to reinforce correct letter formation at home. This set of practice masters also includes manuscript maintenance activities along with additional handwriting support such as reproducibles of the Zaner-Bloser alphabets, award certificates, handwriting basics, and handwriting paper.
This Homeschool Kit includes:
- Student Edition, 112 perforated pages, indexed, softcover. Non-reproducible; consumable workbook. Approximately 9' x 11'. Grade 4.
- Practice Masters
- Teacher Edition
This updated edition includes new authentic writing activities for applying handwriting skills to narrative, informative/explanatory, and opinion or argument writing tasks. In addition, 'Handwriting Tutor' QR codes have been added; students can scan the QR codes with a mobile device to watch animated letter models and and how-to videos.
Please note that this item is only available for purchase by Homeschools located in the USA and Canada.
Similar Items you may enjoy!