The Complete Guide to Drawing for Beginners: 21 Step-By-Step Lessons - Over 450 Illustrations!
Author: Yoshiko Ogura
Retail Price: $16.99
Our Price: $15.29
Save: 1.70 (10.01%)
Availability: In Stock
In The Complete Guide to Drawing for Beginners, experienced art instructor Yoshiko Ogura explains the basics of pencil drawing through a series of lessons that provide insights on artistic composition, simulating highlights and shadows, depicting realistic forms, rendering texture and creating a sense of depth in your artwork. At the beginning of the book, she provides you with all the information you need to get started—what materials to buy, how to prepare your work surface, pencils and erasers—even how to sit correctly when drawing.
Once you know these, Ogura provides a series of easy and clear step-by-step lessons showing you how to draw simple objects while gaining an understanding of the essential concepts of perspective, how to convey hard and soft surfaces and textures, composition and balance. From here, you progress to more complex shapes and objects including landscapes and portraits of people and animals, as she explains all the additional concepts needed to draw these realistically.
This book teaches you how to draw the following interesting subjects:
- Simple forms (an apple, a milk carton, an egg, a mug)
- Hard & soft surfaces (fabric, a loaf of bread, a stone, a book)
- Transparent objects (water droplets, a glass)
- Complex objects (a piece of squash with seeds and pulp, a sunflower)
- Human anatomical features (hands, faces)
- Landscape elements (trees, buildings)
- Animals (a cat, a parakeet)
- Still life (fruit, flowers)
- Plus, many other inspirational examples and ideas!
Similar Items you may enjoy!