Read with the Best for the Middle Grades: The Ancient World Student Workbook (Grades 4-8)
Author: Jill J. Dixon
Retail Price: $19.95
Our Price: $19.19
Save: 0.76 (3.81%)
Availability: In Stock
The Read with the Best: The Ancient World for the Middle Grades (4th-8th) Student Workbook is designed to introduce students to literary elements, advanced vocabulary, and critical thinking skills through 32 weeks of literature, grammar, critical reading, and vocabulary study. Questions, games, worksheets, and a number of hands-on activities will appeal to all learning styles. Vocabulary was chosen to help prepare students for the SAT and ACT. Grammar is taught through the literary analysis of descriptive writing.
Worksheets are organized by week and include directions on what students are supposed to read and the activities they're supposed to do. Students will identify the part of speech and list synonyms for vocabulary words, use new vocabulary in context, answer questions that cover reading comprehension and critical reading, and complete a variety of activities.
The book Time Rimes is sold-separately but recommended to teach critical history facts and learn about biographical figures through rhyme. The (sold-separately) teacher's guide includes supplemental worksheets that can be used as assessments.
Required Resources (not-included; all must be obtained separately):
- The Golden Goblet by Eloise Jarvis McGraw (ISBN: 9780140303353)
- Mara Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw (ISBN: 9780140319293)
- Tirzah by Lucille Travis (ISBN: 9780836135466)
- The Children's Homer by Padraic Colum (ISBN: 9780689868832)
- D'aulaire's Book of Greek Myths by Ingri D'aulaire (ISBN: 9780440406945)
- Detectives in Togas by Henry Winterfield (ISBN: 9780152162801)
- The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare (ISBN: 9780395137192)
Recommended Resources (also sold-separately) include: The Story of the World, Growing with Grammar, Saxon Grammar, Write with the Best Volumes 1 and 2.
91 pages (reproducible for immediate family use), softcover. Grades 4-8.
Similar Items you may enjoy!