STEM Lessons and Challenges, Grade 3 - Slightly Imperfect
Retail Price: $19.99
Our Price: $10.79
Save: 9.20 (46.02%)
Availability: In Stock
Develop your third grade students' problem-solving, critical thinking, innovation, communication, and peer collaboration skills with Evan-Moor's STEM Lessons and Challenges!
Every unit is focused on a hands-on challenge and guides students to work together as engineers to design, prototype, test, and refine their creations. The 15 grade-appropriate challenges target life, earth, and physical science concepts. Examples of STEM challenges and science topics from grade 2 include:
- Anemometer (Earth Science Concept: Atmosphere)
- Spider Web (Life Science Concept: Structural Engineering)
- Mini-Fridge (Physical Science Concept: Thermal Energy)
Units are easy-to-teach and include everything you need to guide your students in completing the hands-on challenge, including:
- Teacher overview pages that feature tips and directions for preparing students to complete a STEM challenge, as well as a materials list that suggests readily available items to gather.
- Reading selections for background knowledge.
- Visual literacy page with real-world images relevant to the STEM challenge.
- A STEM challenge overview that introduces the specific task and goal of each challenge and provides space for students to brainstorm.
- Design process worksheets that guide students to plan, create, test, and evaluate their creation.
- A redesign worksheet to guide students through each step of the design process and provides space to document plans, materials, results, evaluations, and revisions.
128 classroom-reproducible pages, paperback. An answer key is not included, since there isn't one correct answer or solution to solve the problem or complete the challenge. Slightly Imperfect.
Similar Items you may enjoy!