STEM Lessons and Challenges, Grade 5
Retail Price: $19.99
Our Price: $14.99
Save: 5.00 (25.01%)
Availability: In Stock
Develop your fifth grade students' problem-solving, critical thinking, innovation, communication, and peer collaboration skills with Evan-Moor's STEM Lessons and Challenges!
Every unit is focused on a hands-on challenge and guides students to work together as engineers to design, prototype, test, and refine their creations. The 15 grade-appropriate challenges target life, earth, and physical science concepts. Examples of STEM challenges and science topics from grade 2 include:
- Mousetrap (Life Science Concept: Simple Machines)
- Oil Spill Boom (Earth Science Concept: Buoyancy/Properties of Oil)
- Remote-Control Game (Physical Science Concept: Compound Machines)
Units are easy-to-teach and include everything you need to guide your students in completing the hands-on challenge, including:
- Teacher overview pages that feature tips and directions for preparing students to complete a STEM challenge, as well as a materials list that suggests readily available items to gather.
- Reading selections for background knowledge.
- Visual literacy page with real-world images relevant to the STEM challenge.
- A STEM challenge overview that introduces the specific task and goal of each challenge and provides space for students to brainstorm.
- Design process worksheets that guide students to plan, create, test, and evaluate their creation.
- A redesign worksheet to guide students through each step of the design process and provides space to document plans, materials, results, evaluations, and revisions.
128 classroom-reproducible pages, paperback. An answer key is not included, since there isn't one correct answer or solution to solve the problem or complete the challenge.
Similar Items you may enjoy!