For more than fifty-seven years, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) has presented to athletes and coaches—who have an enormous influence on students—the challenge of receiving Jesus as Lord and living the Christ life in every relationship. The Sports Bible is designed to support this mission of touching millions of lives, one heart at a time, with the truth of Jesus Christ.
This special edition carries the full text of the Holman Christian Standard Bible together with 16 full-color four-page inserts that will jump start Bible study for both individual reading and group sessions. Each insert includes the photo and Christian testimony of a well-known professional athlete, devotions, and sports principles that equip and encourage students to make a difference for Christ.
The featured athletes include Major League Baseball's Mark Teixeira, the National Football League's Aaron Kampman, Drew Brees, and Tony Dungy, and the National Basketball Association's Avery Johnson and Kyle Korver. NASCAR contributors include Joe Gibbs and Trevor Bayne. There are also testimonies from Jarome Iginla (Calgary Flames), Zach Johnson (golf ), track stars Allyson Felix and Ryan Hall, and the WNBA's Tamika Catchings and Ruth Riley.Features
- Complete text of the Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
- Brief topical concordance
- Bible dictionary
- 'God's Plan for Salvation'
- 'What the Cross Means to You'
- 16 full-color four-page inserts with testimonies, devotions, and sports principles to jump-start your Bible study
- Testimonies from today's top athletes
- Black simulated leather with gold imprinting
- 7.5-point type size
- Gold page edges
- Ribbon marker
- 8.75' x 5.75' x 1.00'