Teaching Writing: Structure and Style--12 DVD's and Workbook (2nd Edition)
Author: Andrew Pudewa
Retail Price: $189.00
Our Price: $189.00
Save: 0.00 (0.00%)
Availability: In Stock
The Institute for Excellence in Writing's Teaching Writing: Structure and Style course is the foundation for the IEW method. This powerful seminar will help you learn to effectively teach writing, from the basics of paragraphs through advanced essays.
Teachers of students in grades K-12 will learn how to help students to write well, think clearly, and express themselves eloquently and persuasively. Instruction focuses on outlines and summarizing, generating cohesive paragraphs, creating stories, producing reports & critiques, developing essays, translating thoughts and ideas into writing, varying sentence structure, using interesting vocabulary, and more.
This IEW TWSS premium kit includes a seminar and practicum workbook, twelve DVDs, and a one-year premium subscription. The course is comprised of nine units:
- Unit 1: Note Making and Outlines
- Unit 2: Writing from Notes
- Unit 3: Retelling Narrative Stories
- Unit 4: Summarizing a Reference
- Unit 5: Writing from Pictures
- Unit 6: Summarizing Multiple Reference
- Unit 7: Inventive Writing
- Unit 8: Format Essay Models
- Unit 9: Formal Critique
- Plus sections on writing about literature, stylistic techniques (such as 'Dress-Ups,' '-ly adverbs,' 'decorations,' 'sentence openers,' 'banned verbs and alternatives,') and more.
The TWSS Seminar and Practicum Workbook serves as the syllabus for the seminar and contains charts, word lists, sample lesson plans, and more. Blackline masters may be reproduced for use within the same family. Units are easy-to-understand and include a summary, bullet-pointed goals, recommended materials, step-by-step teaching procedure, notes on adjusting for grade level, unit checklists, student samples for primary, elementary, middle school and high school grades, and practicum worksheets.
The twelve DVDs includes nine DVDs that cover the nine units and other workbook sections and three DVDs that show demonstration lessons for all grade levels (broken up between Grades K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12).
The Premium Subscription includes one year of access to:
- Video streaming of the entire TWSS teaching training course with five additional hours of student demonstration lessons at four levels
- Free Monthly webinar training August-May
- Audio MP3 downloads of Andrew Pudewa's most popular conference talks
- Several digital PDF downloads
- Content updated annually in July
This 2nd Edition has been updated, and now features an improved layout with clear practicum instructions for teachers, updated student work samples, revised video content with subtitles and a streaming option, and the Premium Subscription for the TWSS course.
This Teaching Writing, Structure & Style 2nd Edition (2015) kit includes:
- One-Year Premium Subscription
- 12 DVDs in Leather Case
- TWSS Seminar & Practicum Workbook, loose-leaf pages in three-ring binder
Similar Items you may enjoy!