Medieval History-Based Writing Lessons (Student Book; 5th Edition)
Author: Lori Verstegen
Retail Price: $35.00
Our Price: $35.00
Save: 0.00 (0.00%)
Availability: In Stock
Teach students to write with assignments that also teach medieval history! Designed to be used by students familiar with The Institute for Excellence in Writing's Teaching Writing: Structure and Style seminar, and who have had at least one year of experience with the IEW model of writing, this course helps students to master writing with structure and style.
The student book features 30 lessons across the 9 units taught in TWSS. The elements of style are introduced gradually and students incrementally review the models for structure and style as they learn about medieval history themes. Students explore the world of knights, dragons, Vikings, Samuri, and other famous figures of the Middle Ages while learning to write using the Structure and Stylewriting method! A wide variety of adventures will supply a rich foundation for imaginative and enjoyable writing. This Student Book includes assignments, blank outlines, source texts, checklists, vocabulary cards, and grammar helps for two levels of students -- basic and advanced.
This 5th edition features the following updates:
- The individual lessons have the added components of daily lesson plans and clearer weekly lesson goals.
- Source texts are either new or have been modified to include more regions of the world.
- The pacing of stylistic techniques has been adjusted so that students have success and enjoy the writing experience more.
- Advanced elements of Structure and Style have been placed in the Advanced Additions optional e-book, which is a free download with the purchase of the Student Book. This means that that the basic Student Book along with the Advanced Additions e-book is a perfect fit for all Level B students.
- Vocabulary words have been reevaluated to coincide with the dress-ups being taught in the lessons, making it easier for the students to use them in their lesson assignments.
- The lessons align with the updated version of Teaching Writing: Structure and Style, both in the order and manner in which elements of Structure and Style are taught.
The Student Resource Packet (SRP) is no longer included with Medieval History-Based Writing Lessons, but all necessary writing tools for this course from the 174 page Student Resource Packet are now included in the 17-page Medieval History-Based Writing Tools PDF.
Grades 6-8. 287 pages, softcover spiral-bound. 5th Edition. This edition is not compatible with earlier editions. Reproducible within one immediate family.
Similar Items you may enjoy!