American History: Observations and Assessments from Early Settlement to Today, Student Book and Teacher Guide
Author: James Stobaugh
Retail Price: $67.98
Our Price: $52.99
Save: 14.99 (22.05%)
American History is a rigorous, classical approach to history with an emphasis on analysis and independent thinking. High school students will develop their Christian worldview while studying the political and faith perspectives which have impacted American history and culture.
The course will take approximately 20-30 minutes per lesson, 5 days per week. Designed for grades 9-12 in a one-year history course. Can be combined with Stobaugh's literature curriculum for an integrated history/literature course.Contents cover: the Natives of the New World, Pilgrims and Puritans, Colonial Life, Causes of the American Revolution, U.S. Constitution, Age of Reform, Antebellum Slavery, Revivalism, the American Civil War, Reconstruction, Immigration, the Wild West, the World Wars, the Vietnam War, African American History, and the War on Terrorism.
Your student will develop an understanding of American history trends, philosophies, and events through the use of:
- Critical thinking questions based roughly on Bloom's Taxonomy
- Examinations of historical theories surrounding a period or topic
- Clarified terms, concepts, and theories to be learned
- History makers who clearly changed the course of history
- Overviews and insights into world views
The teacher's guide includes:
- A convenient Daily Schedule
- Perforated, three-hole punched assignments
- Student worksheets, critical thinking questions, and exams
- Answer keys with grading criteria
- Learning objectives
- Short essay questions to help the student comprehend and apply the information presented
This kit includes:
- American History Student Book
- American History Teacher Guide
Similar Items you may enjoy!