History Quest: Early Times Study Guide
Retail Price: $48.99
Our Price: $38.94
Save: 10.05 (20.51%)
Availability: In Stock
The History Quest: Early Times Study Guide contains the activities and exercises you need to create a full-year curriculum using History Quest. Each week takes a chapter of History Quest: Early Times narrative history book (sold-separately) and turns it into a robust unit study with a week's worth of engaging activities. Your student will gain a broad and deep understanding of early civilizations through readings, geography activities, discussions, writing assignments, coloring pages, crafts, and more. Four weeks of ancient literature studies are also included - where parents and students can read and enjoy time-honored tales from four ancient civilizations across the world. Young students study events and people from early civilization including ancient Egypt, Babylon, Assyria, Mesoamerica, Persia, Greece, India, Rome, Kush and Aksum, China, and Arabia.
Throughout the course, students will examine multiple resources, read historically significant literature, develop and strengthen critical thinking skills, practice and refine written and verbal expression, and study world geography and geographical significances throughout the history of humankind.
This study guide includes:
- 31 weekly units with lessons
- History reading assignments for use with History Quest: Early Times and a history encyclopedia (both sold-separately)
- History Travel Log entries (timeline/geography activity)
- Terms & Concepts (learning goals)
- Map work
- Crafts/Cooking/Artwork hands-on activities
- 13 ancient history blackline maps
- Hands-on activity instructions
- Literature and web-link enrichment recommendations
- Unit schedules and supply lists
- Student coloring and activity pages
Please Note: This curriculum requires additional resources; see the History Booklist PDF for a list of these books.
270 pages. Grades 1-4.
Similar Items you may enjoy!