Essential to preaching, teaching, and faithful Christian living are the dual tasks of interpretation and application of Scripture—exegesis and theology. For anyone interested in developing a right understanding and application of Scripture, these two complementary volumes from biblical studies experts Jason DeRouchie and Andy Naselli are invaluable resources, forwarding a unified theology and approach to Scripture, as well as a parallel presentation of the Gospel. In a comprehensive, faithful yet conversational manner, Naselli and DeRouchie offer up-to-date, helpful and sound instruction that guides readers through a twelve step process of biblical interpretation that is rooted in a holistic biblical-theological approach.Beginning with the basic components of exegesis, before moving beyond those to biblical theology, historical theology, systematic theology, and practical theology, How to Understand and Apply the Old Testament and How to Understand and Apply the New Testament are rich in theological and exegetical insight and packed with examples, practical answers, and recommended resources. Both volumes equip believers to study, practice, and teach both the Old Testament and the New Testament as Christian Scripture, understanding and applying it in ways that moves through exegesis to theology to worship.
- Move from genre to textual criticism, take Greek grammar and literary context into account, and journey through the passage all the way to practical application
- Learn how to track an author's thought-flow, grasp the text's message, and apply the ancient Word in this modern world, all in light of Christ's redeeming work
- Go further in your studies using the extensive recommended resources for every step of the way
- Follow an extensively field-tested twelve-step process to deepen understanding and shape theology (biblical, systematic, and practical)
- Engage with numerous illustrations from Scripture that model these interpretive steps
Similar Items you may enjoy!