Mr. Bach Comes to Call, DVD
Retail Price: $21.98
Our Price: $15.49
Save: 6.49 (29.53%)
Availability: In Stock
In this live-action move, young Elizabeth gets a surprise visit from the great composer Bach! After the dramatic send off of his music into space aboard Voyager II, Mr. Bach appears at the house of a present-day girl, who is awkwardly practicing his famous Minuet in G. Mr. Bach reminisces about his life and music, and Elizabeth learns, along with three of Bach's choir boys, about his twenty children, his time in jail and his devotion to the church. Elizabeth moves form skepticism to respect for Bach's good-humored nature and musical brilliance. Not until the very end does he reveal the reason for his visit, 'So that my music will never again be forgotten... for wherever my music is being played, I am alive.'
Based on historical fact, Mr. Bach Comes to Call features more than 28 musical excerpts including 'Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring,' 'Brandenburg Concerto #5,' 'Air on the G-string,' 'Flute Sonatas' and the Goldberg Variations, minuets and preludes, organ music and 'Cantata #78.' Running time: Approximately 54 minutes. Dolby Surround 3.1.
Special DVD Features:
- Music Gallery with more than 50 minutes of music from the award-winning and bestselling Classical Kids series
- Music excerpts from the film, featuring the Bach Choir of Bethlehem and Bach Festival Orchestra
- Excerpts from 'Make A Joyful Noise', the Emmy award-winning PBS documentary on the Bach Choir of Bethlehem
- Selected activities and sample pages from Classical Kids 'Mr. Bach Comes to Call' Teachers Notes
- Preview of the Emmy award-winning DVD 'Beethoven Lives Upstiars'
Similar Items you may enjoy!