Survival! A Step-by-Step Guide to Camping and Outdoors Skills
Retail Price: $16.99
Our Price: $12.99
Save: 4.00 (23.54%)
Availability: In Stock
You should know the basic skills, concepts, and knowledge of the outdoors that will enable you to keep safe . . . whether your camping or hiking trip goes to plan or not!
Survival! will help you learn the basics--from picking the best tent for your expedition to knowing how to pitch it--with clear, step-by-step illustrations. Find out why not to camp beneath a tree, how to peg out your tent, and when to slacken the guy lines. Once you're safely under canvas, discover how to forage for food, light a fire with flints and tinder, and cook up delicious grub.
- What to take on your expedition
- How to plan your routes
- What to include in your essential survival kit
- Camp craft and wilderness survival skills
- How to use a map and compass, or the sun and stars as a guide
- The best way to hike over diverse terrains, including forests, swamps, forests, deserts, and mountains
- How to predict the weather by observing cloud formations and wind direction
- And more!
128 pages, softcover. Ages 9-12 / Grades 4-7.
Similar Items you may enjoy!