Grasping God's Word - Video Lecture Course Bundle
Author: J. Scott Duvall and J. Daniel Hays
Retail Price: $122.96
Our Price: $69.49
Save: 53.47 (43.49%)
Availability: In Stock
It’s one thing to read the Bible; it’s another to understand and apply it correctly.
Based on the popular textbook Grasping God’s Word by Old Testament scholar J. Daniel Hays and New Testament expert J. Scott Duvall, this course bundle provides a simple and clear introduction to reading the Word of God carefully and in context, interpreting it, and then applying it faithfully.
Designed to follow Hays and Duvall’s memorable “Interpretive Journey” framework, this course equips self-learners and academic students with foundational, trustworthy principles of sound biblical interpretation.
By completing this course, you’ll gain:
- foundational principles required to understand the Bible correctly, based on material proven in college classrooms across the country
- insight into issues of background context, its influence on interpretation, and how your own history impacts understanding
- knowledge and tools to dig deeper into Scripture, interpret biblical texts, and rightly relate their meaning to life
- practice applying interpretive principles to New and Old Testament writings
- confidence in your growing knowledge through personalized review sessions, unit assessments, and award-winning memory building tools
Learn from the world's leading Christian scholars—with all-inclusive, self-guided study packages.
Exclusively available at Christianbook, Zondervan's new Video Lecture Course Bundles offer students thorough, meaningful explorations of biblical, theological, and practical ministry topics.
Each Course Bundle includes:
- a main textbook, written by a respected scholar who combines subject matter expertise with years of teaching experience;
- DVDs of corresponding chapter video lessons, professionally filmed and taught by the author(s);
- a course guide with step-by-step direction to review each chapter’s material after reading the textbook and viewing the DVDs.
- (In some instances, a workbook or a DVD study guide may also be included.)
Course guides have been designed to equip you with tools to aid your study. Most chapters begin with a “You Should Know” section, which highlights key terminology, people, and facts for a helpful summary. Next come reflection questions, typically two or three per chapter, that prompt you to review and assess key points you’ve learned. Discussion questions follow to invite you to an even deeper level of engagement. Finally, most chapters end with a short quiz and answer key to test your retention.
You’ll have everything you need for a rich and productive learning experience—at your own pace, on your own schedule—in an approachable, easy-to-follow format.
Similar Items you may enjoy!