Philosophy Adventure Complete Set
Author: Stacy Farrell
Retail Price: $89.95
Our Price: $82.89
Save: 7.06 (7.85%)
Availability: In Stock
Philosophy Adventure: Pre-Socratics walks homeschool students through lessons on members of the School of Athens, exploring their beliefs, background, and works from a biblical worldview, while also learning how to write skillfully, think critically, and speak articulately. Chapters focus on Thales, Pythagoras, Xenophanes, Heraclitus, Parmedides, Empedocles, Protagoras, and Democritus.
Each lesson includes these components:
- The Philosopher's Story: anecdotes from his life, the time/place he lived, and main accomplishments and beliefs.
- Write, Think and Speak assignments complement the concepts presented.
- Geographical information pertaining to the life of the Philosopher.
- Contrast section (2 parts): the first part presents students with actual source material or a secondary source if no primary work survived, and the second part explores whether his ideas align with a biblical worldview.
Clear instructions are provided so students can work independently. The first half of the textbook contains all the lessons to read; the back part contains writing checklists with forms for peer evaluation and critique along with freewriting assignments and lists of recommended resources and the index.
The workbook features worksheets, map activities, freewriting assignments, 'write/think/speak' journal with 30-minute timed assignments, writing checklists, and glossary chart with room for students to fill in definitions.
This course (if supplemented with math, science, and foreign language) can be used as a complete unit study or as a supplemental program. If used as a supplement, this course can be completed over the course of a year at a pace of one lesson per month, over the course of a semester at one lesson every two weeks for 16 weeks, or over a quarter/8 weeks.
High School grades. ESV Scripture used..
This kit includes:
- Student Text, 125 pages, softcover spiralbound with CD for single-family use.
- Student Workbook, 142 pages, consumable and non-reproducible, spiralbound softcover.
Similar Items you may enjoy!