Walking to Wisdom Literature Guide: Sayers - The Man Born to Be King Student Edition
Retail Price: $14.95
Our Price: $10.48
Save: 4.47 (29.90%)
Availability: In Stock
The Walking to Wisdom Inklings Collection from Classical Academic Press will collectively teach students how to read with depth and delight the works of C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Dorothy Sayers. Each literature guide can stand on its own yet also interacts with the others through sidebar comments and thematic continuity. All eight (sold-separately) guides used over the course of a year can be utilized as a 20th-Century literature course, or a single guide can be used as a supplement.
Walking to Wisdom Literature Guides instructs students with following habits:
- Taking notes in their books
- Answering reading questions
- Creating their own questions
- Reading sample student writing
- Keeping notes book-wide on themes and motifs
- Answering discussion questions about thematic material
- Memorizing important quotations
- Preparing while reading to write
- Participating in creative enrichment activities related to the books
Walking to Wisdom: The Man Born to be King integrates non-fiction essays by CS Lewis, Tolkien, and Sayers that relate to the content in the work. Dorothy Sayers' The Man Born to be King is a play-cycle of the four gospels in dramatic form that explores the nature of kingship and leadership. Three reading schedules--covering 15 days, 20 days, and 40 days--are provided. 149 non-reproducible pages, softcover; consumable if students write on the pages rather than in a notebook.
Similar Items you may enjoy!