Studies in World History 1 Pack, 6th-8th Grade, 2 Volumes - Slightly Imperfect
Author: Dr. James Stobaugh
Retail Price: $59.98
Our Price: $37.59
Save: 22.39 (37.33%)
Availability: In Stock
Guided by the truth revealed in God's world, Stobaugh's Studies in World History course rejects common post-modern approaches to the past and instead takes a firmly Christian stance to history, truth, and k nowledge.
A chronological junior high history course (one year curriculum), the Studies in World History Volume 1 Student Book covers 'Creation through the Age of Discovery.' Chapters focus on Ancient Egypt, the Indus River Valley, Greece, Christianity, Islam, the Middle Ages, South American civilizations, the Crusades, and Columbus' visit to America while examining history, geography, religion, economics, and government systems across the world and through time.
The 34 chapters each have five lessons, one for each day of the school-week. Taking approximately 20-30 minutes each day, lessons include a short reading followed by discussion questions. Some questions are open-ended, while others are comprehension questions derived from the text. Black and white photographs of archival documents or artifacts are included throughout.
Chapters open with a 'First Thoughts' section that provides background information and an introduction to the historical period, as well as chapter learning objectives. A sidebox lists important concepts, terms, and theories to be learned; these same words are bolded in the lesson text.
The teacher's guide includes:
- A suggested daily schedule for both semesters that is broken down into daily assignments for each week
- Daily worksheets that exactly reproduce the discussion questions in the textbook, but with additional room to write answers. Days, chapter numbers, and lesson numbers are marked at the top of each worksheet.
- Two weekly exams for each chapter; one test features fill-in-the-blank questions, while the other features a short answer essay question.
- Answer key with textbook discussion answers arranged by chapter and lesson; test answers follow.
This kit includes:
- Studies in World History Volume 1 Student Book, 284 pages, softcover. Non-consumable text. NKJV Scripture used. Jr. High. 34 chapters.
- Studies in World History Volume 1 Teacher Guide, 328 pages, softcover.
Grades 6-8. Slightly Imperfect.
Similar Items you may enjoy!