The Introduction to Biblical Interpretation course provides a full, seminary-level overview of biblical hermeneutics. Biblical scholars William Klein, Craig Blomberg, and Robert Hubbard cover:
- the history of biblical interpretation
- current discussions about finding meaning in written texts
- the formation of the biblical canon and the task of translating Scripture
- guidelines for reading biblical poetry and prose
- identification of the various genres of the Old and New Testaments
- insights for understanding and applying Scripture today
A foundational course for formal and informal students alike, Introduction to Biblical Interpretation provides an excellent, thorough summary of the discipline of biblical hermeneutics.
Learn from the world's leading Christian scholars—with all-inclusive, self-guided study packages.
Exclusively available at Christianbook, Zondervan's new Video Lecture Course Bundles offer students thorough, meaningful explorations of biblical, theological, and practical ministry topics.
Each Course Bundle includes:
- a main textbook, written by a respected scholar who combines subject matter expertise with years of teaching experience;
- DVDs of corresponding chapter video lessons, professionally filmed and taught by the author(s);
- a course guide with step-by-step direction to review each chapter’s material after reading the textbook and viewing the DVDs.
- (In some instances, a workbook or a DVD study guide may also be included.)
Course guides have been designed to equip you with tools to aid your study. Most chapters begin with a “You Should Know” section, which highlights key terminology, people, and facts for a helpful summary. Next come reflection questions, typically two or three per chapter, that prompt you to review and assess key points you’ve learned. Discussion questions follow to invite you to an even deeper level of engagement. Finally, most chapters end with a short quiz and answer key to test your retention.
You’ll have everything you need for a rich and productive learning experience—at your own pace, on your own schedule—in an approachable, easy-to-follow format.
Similar Items you may enjoy!