Engaging Families in Children's Literacy Development: A Complete Workshop Series
Author: Nell Duke, Gail Jordan and Kathryn Roberts
Retail Price: $149.99
Our Price: $134.99
Save: 15.00 (10.00%)
Availability: In Stock
Teaching families how to build children's literacy skills during everyday activities can play a big role in students' future success in school and in life. This innovative research-based workshop kit prepares literacy educators to lead a series of five 90-minute sessions that demonstrate with videos and hands-on activities easy, practical ways families can read, write, draw, and talk with children. The goal is coaching families to be powerfully engaged in their children's literacy growth at home. Created and field tested by three literacy experts, the workshop kit includes:
- a step-by-step workshop leader's guide.
- hands-on literacy activity ideas for participating families to try.
- video clips of families engaged in lively literacy practices to kick-off each workshop.
- high-quality trade books for modeling ways to share books with children.
- tips for successful workshop implementation and boosting attendance
Perfect for family literacy development opportunities in school and community settings.
- Workshop Leader's Guide (96 pp)
- DVD (videos)
- CD (reproducible forms and handouts)
- Box and binder
- Beyond Bedtime Stories, 2nd Edition 978-0-545-65530-9
- 5 trade books (1 per workshop)
- Red-Eyed Tree Frog by Joy Cowley (978-0-590-87176-1)
- Gregory, the Terrible Eater by Mitchell Sharmat (978-0-590-43350-1)
- Bugs A-Z by Caroline Lawton (978-0-545-27330-5)
- Mice and Beans by Pam Muqoz Ryan (978-0-439-70136-5)
- Just Write! by Alex Ives (978-0-545-65023-6) For use with Grades PreK-K.
Similar Items you may enjoy!