Challenges to religious liberty are increasingly common today as historical Christianity comes into conflict with a new, secular orthodoxy. In a thoroughly revised second edition of First Freedom: The Beginning and End of Religious Liberty, leading evangelical scholars, Jason Duesing, Thomas White, and Malcolm Yarnell II provide readers with an introductory glimpse at the biblical and historical foundations of religious liberty, as well as at several instances of its contemporary expression and defense. This collection of essays addresses such pressing topics as:
- Religious freedom and the exclusivity of the gospel
- The Christian doctrine of religious liberty
- Religious liberty and the public square
- Religious freedom and the sexual revolution
- Baptist contributions to religious freedom, and much more
The editors of this revised second edition of First Freedom have sought to accumulate a fresh collection of essays from current Baptist authors of note for the purpose of equipping churches, pastors, and Christian citizens to uphold this 'first freedom' given by God and defended by Christians throughout our nation's history.
Similar Items you may enjoy!