Encountering Jesus in the New Testament
Author: Michael Pennock
Retail Price: $31.45
Our Price: $31.45
Save: 0.00 (0.00%)
Encountering Jesus in the New Testament is an excellent introduction to the New Testament. It is an ideal textbook for Catholic high school students taking a scripture survey course.
'Who is Jesus of Nazareth?'
'Who is the person people of faith call 'Christ. the Son of God?'
These questions form the central focus of Encountering Jesus in the New Testament. The text provides a scriptural and ecclesial foundation to answer the question of why Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. It explores how the New Testament offers evidence and faith testimony to the Life, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Encountering Jesus in the New Testament is a combination of Christology—a complete study of the person and the divinity of Jesus Christ—with an overview of the books of the New Testament.
Each chapter includes several special features:
- Panel activities that help the students foster total learning in hands (service), hearts (prayer), and mind (academic challenges).
- Review questions for each main section.
- Several Journal Assignments for deeper thought and reflection.
- Key vocabulary terms set off in margin panels.
- A Learn by Doing project for each chapter that provides a longer-term assignment.
- A Called to Prayer feature offering text from a prayer relevant to the chapter theme.
The content and detail in Encountering Jesus in the New Testament is unparalleled for introductory high school scripture courses and offers support for the introductory courses of the U.S Bishops' Curriculum Framework.
(© 2009) This text has been found in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Similar Items you may enjoy!