The NRSV Daily Bible: Read, Meditate, and Pray Through the Entire Bible in 365 Days - eBook
Retail Price: $15.99
Our Price: $15.99
Save: 0.00 (0.00%)
Availability: In Stock
The Daily Contemplative Bible helps you read and pray through the entire Bible in one year. This unique resource makes reading through the Bible easier and more meaningful by offering tools for connecting with scripture at a deeper level.
Each of the 365 daily Bible readings is accompanied by thought-provoking meditations and guides based on the ancient practice of prayerful reading called lectio divina, or “divine reading.” By rediscovering this ancient practice, readers will more easily find the motivation for setting aside time each day to read, meditate, pray, and contemplate the scriptures they are encountering.
- Individual book introductions to aid in the practice of prayerful reading (lectio divina)
- A daily reading plan that can be started at any time during the year
- Readings that take only ten minutes per day
- Meditations from well-known Christian thinkers and writers such as Henri Nouwen, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Thomas Merton, and Frederick Buechner
- The New Revised Standard Version text—the most trusted, accepted, and accurate translation of the Bible on the market
- Index to the readings
- Presentation page
- Ribbon marker
- 9-point text size
- 9.50' x 6.50' x 1.50'
The New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) is the translation used by mainline Protestant, Orthodox, and Catholic churches. The NRSV is recognized in scholarly circles as the most accurate translation into English of the original Hebrew and Greek texts. In the tradition of its predecessors, the King James Version and the Revised Standard Version, the NRSV was designed to be the standard version for English-speaking people across all denominations, which is what it has become.
Similar Items you may enjoy!