Guiding Families: of LGBT + Loved Ones, Second Edition
Retail Price: $34.99
Our Price: $27.99
Save: 7.00 (20.01%)
Availability: In Stock
When LGBT+ loved ones come out, parents can experience shock. Fear and grief can disable their initial reaction. Emotions erupt. Hurtful words spill. Trust is damaged. Relationships become disconnected. Meanwhile, in the church, LGBT+ people often face impossible hurdles and suspicion about their faith. One courageous disclosure can be met with a response that communicates, “I don’t understand you.”
Guiding Families of LGBT+ Loved Ones offers a relationally honoring, biblically sound path forward. In these pages, learn how to:
- Responding well when LGBT+ people come out.
- Protect gay youth against bullying and suicide.
- Avoid unintentionally offensive words and phrases.
- Build a support team for LGBT+ loved ones and their families.
- Engage LGBT+ individuals in a trusting relationship over the long term.
Guiding Families of LGBT+ Loved Ones is a great resource for:
- Christian parents, family members and relatives of LGBT+ loved ones
- Pastors and ministry teams seeking to enhance care for LGBT+ individuals
- Staff and faculty of Christian schools, universities and camps
- Executive leaders seeking to train and equip your ministry team
- Christian counselors and pastoral care staff who often care for LGBT+ people and their families
- Small group study resource
Similar Items you may enjoy!