Most first Christians were Jews, and Christianity has roots in the religion of God's chosen people. Jesus's death and resurrection was not the beginning of a new religion but the fulfillment of covenant promises God made with His people. Yet most Bible translations sacrifice the deep connection between the Jewish roots of our faith and grafted-in Gentile branches, using imprecise English terms rather than Hebrew terms that encompass a fuller meaning. The Tree of Life Version (TLV) is a new Bible translation, produced by the Messianic Jewish Family Bible Society, which highlights the rich Hebrew roots of the Christian faith by restoring:
- The Jewish order of the books of the Old Testament
- The Jewish name of the Messiah, Yeshua
- Reverence for the four-letter unspoken name of God
- Hebrew transliterated terms, such as shalom, shofar, and shabbat
- Key names, such as Miriam for Mary
TLV translation team carefully translated the Greek and Hebrew to render a translation that is accurate, readable, reverential, and true to the worldview that brings together Jewish and Gentile people in Messiah, Yeshua. The result is a unique Bible that is a joy to experience.
Similar Items you may enjoy!