Traumatic experiences are distressingly common and the risks of developing posttraumatic stress disorder are high. But in recent years the field of traumatology has grown strong, giving survivors and their counselors firmer footing than ever before on which to seek healing. This book is a combined effort to introduce counseling approaches, trauma information, and Christian reflections to respond to the intense suffering people face.
With extensive experience treating complex trauma, Heather Gingrich and Fred Gingrich have brought together key essays representing the latest psychological research on trauma from a Christian integration perspective. Students, instructors, clinicians, and researchers alike will find here
- an overview of the kinds of traumatic experiences
- coverage of treatment methods, especially those that incorporate spirituality
- material to critically analyze as well as emotionally engage trauma
- theoretical bases for trauma treatment and interventions
- references for further consideration and empirical research
Similar Items you may enjoy!