In 1990, under the direction of Ernest Boyer, the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching published a classic report on the loss of a meaningful basis for true community on college campuses—and in the nation. Now this expanded edition of Campus Life: In Search of Community reintroduces educational leaders to the Boyer report's proposals while offering up-to-date analysis and recommendations for Christian campuses today.
Editors Drew Moser and Todd C. Ream have assembled pairs of academic and student-development leaders from top Christian colleges to offer a hopeful update on the practical contributions of Christian higher education to the practice of community. This volume includes new chapters, the long out-of-print Boyer report in its entirety, and a discussion guide to facilitate team conversations.
Higher education now stands at a critical point, yet the contributors to this expanded edition of Campus Life see current challenges as an opportunity to revive Boyer’s commitment to its formative power. Contributors include:
- Mark L. Sargent and Edee Schulze of Westmont College
- Randall Basinger and Kris Hansen-Kieffer of Messiah College
- Brad Lau and Linda Samek of George Fox University
- Stephen T. Beers and Edward Ericson III of John Brown University
- Paul O. Chelsen and Margaret Diddams of Wheaton College
- Doretha O'Quinn and Tim Young of Vanguard University
Christian higher education now stands at a critical point, yet the contributors to this expanded edition of Campus Life see current challenges as an opportunity to revive Boyer's commitment to understanding the formative power of Christian higher education.
Similar Items you may enjoy!