Monuments, Marvels, and Miracles: A Traveler's Guide to Catholic America
Author: Marion Amberg
Retail Price: $27.95
Our Price: $23.99
Save: 3.96 (14.17%)
Availability: In Stock
Monuments, Marvels, and Miracles: A Traveler's Guide to Catholic America takes you to more than 500 of the country's most intriguing holy sites, each with a riveting story to tell. Stories about:
- architecture (the interior of Guardian Angels Cathedral in Las Vegas resembles angel wings)
- religious history (at Maryland's Old Bohemia, Jesuit priests lived and worked incognito during anti-Catholic persecution)
- artifacts (the Miraculous Medal Shrine in Philadelphia holds an original cast by Saint Catherine Labouré)
- answered prayer (from the Grasshopper Chapel in Minnesota to the Coral Miracle Church in Hawaii)
- healing places, beautiful places, hidden places, places where saints walked, and much more.
Organized by state and region, Monuments, Marvels, and Miracles can help you easily plan your vacation or pilgrimage, and find sites close to you that you've never heard of. Chapters also include Catholic trivia and color photos. Websites, phone numbers, addresses, and other pertinent information are included.
Similar Items you may enjoy!