The Scarlet Letter Progeny Press Study Guide, Grades 9-12
Retail Price: $27.99
Our Price: $22.94
Save: 5.05 (18.04%)
Availability: In Stock
Nathaniel Hawthorne's classic American novel masterfully explores not only the historical and moral roots of America, but the terrible results of one sinful act upon all those involved. Hester Prynne has traveled alone to America to prepare a home for herself and her husband. In her husband's long absence Hester commits adultery and gives birth to a child. In accordance with the town's strict moral law, she is sentenced to stand for several hours on the town's scaffold exposed to public shame and to wear a scarlet 'A' for the rest of her life. Hester's husband arrives but keeps his presence a secret, determined to seek revenge on Hester's lover.
This Progeny Press guide includes features about:
- The author.
- Vocabulary, critical thinking, and analysis.
- Literary Techniques such as foreshadowing, imagery, personification, comparison/contrast, and context.
- Concepts such as secrets, lying, shame, penance, martyrdom, pride, vengeance, confession, and reconciliation.
- Activities/Writing Exercises include research exercises, point-of-view essays, and activities on patterns.
- This guide also includes a living reading list featuring books by the same author plus books similar to The Scarlet Letter.
The format is ideal for homeschoolers; the large 8.5x11 printed workbook format is convenient to read, easy on the eyes, and easy to transport from car to home. Plus, every question has plenty of whitespace for student's answers, which encourages neat and clean handwriting practice. A removable answer key is also included for the teacher.
PLEASE NOTE: The novel The Scarlet Letter is required and must be purchased separately.
Setting: Massachusetts, USA, 1640s
Genre: American Lit
Similar Items you may enjoy!