Uncle Tom's Cabin Progeny Press Study Guide, Grades 10-12
Retail Price: $24.99
Our Price: $19.89
Save: 5.10 (20.41%)
Uncle Tom's Cabin is the classic story of a man's faith and suffering in the face of slavery. Short of funds, Tom's master sells him downriver to cruel Simon Legree. Like biblical Joseph, Tom prospers wherever he's put, but he refuses to inflict cruelty on his fellow slaves, leading to his own tragic fate. Stowe reveals the damage to society when its weakest members are oppressed-and how Christians can, and must, make a difference in this world!
This Progeny Press guide includes features about:
- The author
- Vocabulary, critical thinking, and analysis
- Literary Techniques such as context, figures of speech, irony, allusion, metaphors, juxtaposition, point of view, anthropomorphism, imagery, alliteration, and more.
- Concepts such suffering, authority, equality, stress, and fairness.
- Activities that incorporate art, hymns, Latin, and more.
- A living reading list with books by the same author plus other books like Uncle Tom's Cabin.
The format is ideal for homeschoolers; the large 8.5x11 printed workbook format is convenient to read, easy on the eyes, and easy to transport from car to home. Plus, every question has plenty of whitespace for student's answers, which encourages neat and clean handwriting practice. A removable answer key is also included for the teacher.
PLEASE NOTE: the novel Uncle Tom's Cabin is required and must be purchased separately.
Setting: Southern United States, Mid-1800s
Genre: American Lit
Similar Items you may enjoy!