Exploring World History Curriculum Package, Updated Edition
Author: Ray Notgrass
Retail Price: $110.00
Our Price: $110.00
Save: 0.00 (0.00%)
Availability: In Stock
Notgrass History's Exploring World History curriculum covers creation through the present day for a full-year high school world history course written from a Christian perspective.
Each unit is filled with enjoyable chapters and many full-color photographs of archival images, artifacts, and locations. Students will read narrative-based chapters that cover some of the world's most important events, issues, and people. This book also references classic literature (in separate books that are not included) that help bring to life the time periods they are studying. Units begin with a summary and list of lessons, memory work, books used, and a project. Each lesson ends with readings from the book In Their Words, additional literature assignments, and instructions for questions and quizzes (quizzes and tests themselves are in the sold-separately Exploring World History Student Review Pack
This updated 2014 edition features hundreds of color illustrations and photographs. In addition to a thorough survey of Western Civilization, it offers expanded coverage of Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
15 Units in each volume for a total of 30 units; 75 lessons in each book for a total of 150 lessons; 50-60 minutes on each subject each day (total of 2.5-3 hours per day). This course, when all assignments are completed, provides 1 year of credit in world history, 1 year of credit in English, and 1 year of credit of Bible. NASB Scripture used.
In Their Words: Original Documents, Speeches, Poems, and Stories from World History is a collection of primary works specifically collected to use with this curriculum. Covering creation to the present day, this book contains traditional Maori stories, excerpts from Josephus and Aquinas, selections from Herodotus and The Odyssey, The Edict of Milan by Constantine and Licinius, Luther's 95 Thesis, 'God Moves in a Mysterious Way' by Cowper, 'Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down This Wall!,' the Declaration of Establishment of State of Israel, and more. Contains indexes of reading assignments by lesson and by region.
This kit includes:
- Exploring World History Volume 1: 434 pages, hardcover non-consumable.
- Exploring World History Volume 2: Pages 435-889, indexed, hardcover non-consumable.
- In Their Words: Original Documents, Speeches, Poems, and Stories from World History, 381 pages, hardcover non-consumable.
The following works of literature are used in this program and are NOT included:
- The Cat of the Bubastes by G.A. Henty
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a kempis
- Here I Stand by Roland Bainton
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- Bridge to the Sun by Gwen Terasaki
- Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
- The Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis
Please Note: Covers and interior aesthetic details may vary from the images shown. Content is identical.
Similar Items you may enjoy!