The New Testament: An Expanded Translation
Author: Kenneth Wuest
Retail Price: $29.99
Our Price: $21.99
Save: 8.00 (26.68%)
Availability: In Stock
Drama and action, abrupt exclamation, severe rebuke, stark contrasts--the Greek New Testament is full of these, but standard English versions don't come across this way. This carefully researched translation pays close attention to the original style and force, sentence structure and verb tense meanings, and succeeds in bringing out the richness and clarity of the Greek. An essential work for scholars and refreshing reading for everyone else.
Unlike other versions of the New Testament, this translation uses as many English words as are necessary to bring out the richness, force, and clarity of the Greek Text. Intended as a companion to, or commentary on, the standard translations, Wuest's 'expanded translation' follows the Greek word order and especially reflects emphases and contrasts indicated by the original text.
The New Testament: An Expanded Translation...
- Introduces readers with no knowledge of Greek to the original language of the New Testament
- Captures the style of the original writings
- Brings out the full meaning of each Greek word
- Structures sentences according to the Greek word order placing the emphases where the original writers put them
- Clarifies distinctions between Greek synonyms that are often simply rendered in other translations by the same English word.
- Arranges the text into paragraphs, helping readers to better grasp the logical units of thought
- Serves as a valuable companion to, or commentary on other versions of the New Testament
- Kenneth S. Wuest was professor of New Testament Greek at Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, Illinois, until his death in 1962. His other works include the four-volume Word Studies in the Greek New Testament, of which th volumne is a part.
- Single-column, paragraph format
- Verse number ranges indicated in margin
- Section headings
- 10 point text
Similar Items you may enjoy!